Ecommerce is a booming industry, with global sales expected to reach $4.9 trillion in 2025. If you’re an ecommerce business, you must have a responsive website and mobile app that can help you reach your customers and grow your sales. But how do you make sure your ecommerce platform has the features and functions you need?
That’s where Perfectus Web Solutions comes in. We are a digital marketing agency which offers end to end website and mobile app development services. Our experienced project managers have the experience to analyse your business goals and use current market data to help you finalize the features and functions of your ecommerce website and mobile apps.
This blog will assist you in understanding the attributes and must have features and functionalities of an ecommerce website. We will also discuss some of the common mistakes that turn out to be fatal for businesses.
What should businesses look for when finalizing the features and functionalities of their ecommerce website:
- Customer experience: The USP of the website and mobile app should be customer experience. This means making sure the website is easy to use, navigate, and checkout.
- Security: Your website must be secure to protect customer data. This means using SSL certificates and other security measures.
- Payment options: You need to offer a variety of payment options to make it easy for customers to checkout.
- Shipping options: You also need to offer a variety of shipping options to meet the needs of your customers.
- Marketing features: You need to include features that allow you to market your products and services to your customers.
- Reporting and analytics: Access to your website and users help you to track the performance of your website and make necessary improvements.
Why most of the e-commerce websites fail:
- Ignoring their target audience: Businesses usually focus on the features and functions that they want, rather than the features and functions desired by their target audience.
- Not prioritizing security: Businesses often overlook the importance of security, which potentially can lead to data breaches and other security issues.
- Lack of Payment Options: Businesses that only offer a few payment options tend to lose customers.
- Not enough Shipping Options: Businesses that rely on few shipping options make it difficult for customers to checkout.
- Lack marketing features: Businesses often don’t have enough marketing features, which can make it difficult to reach and convert customers.
- No or lack of tools to access and analyse data and reporting: Businesses often fail to choose the right tools that interpret data accurately. Installation of right tools enable the marketers to better target their audience and make necessary website improvements.
The above tips might sound too basic but missing on these basics often result in huge losses for business. So, just when you thing you have it all jotted down, remember the above ecommerce website tips to ensure you hit the bull’s eye.
We at Perfectus Web Solutions (PWS) help business understand the current market trends and use latest to prepare the Scope of Work and technical requirements before sailing the boat.
Contact us today to help your ecommerce grow!